Configuring and installing CanBoot bootloader for USB
Install katapult package
ssh into your klipper host console
- Clone the katapult firmware to your Klipper Host
cd ~/ git clone https://github.com/Arksine/katapult
- From your Fluidd or Mainsail web UI Edit Moonraker.conf and add the following at the bottom to allow moonraker to manage updates to the CAN bus software.
[update_manager katapult] type: git_repo path: ~/katapult origin: https://github.com/Arksine/katapult.git is_system_service: False
Compile katapult firmware
- cd to the katapult directory
- Run make clean
- Open menuconfig
- Set the following settings
- Micro Controller : STMicroelectronics STM32
- Processor Model: STM32H723
- Build: 128 KiB bootloader
- Clock Ref: 25 MHz crystal
- Comm Interface - USB on PA11/PA12
Application Offset 128 KiB offset
Quit and save the configuration
- Run the make command to compile the firmware
- You should now have a katapult.bin file at ~/katapult/out/
Flash katapult to the Fly-Super8Pro H723 MCU
Install the boot jumper to the Boot0 pin and 3.3v pin as pictured.
- Use a USB-C data cable to connect the Fly-Super8Pro H723 board to the klipper host. Make sure that the dfu jumper is installed before connecting the USB cable.
- Run lsusb to see if the connection is successful, copy the USB ID in the blue box. Note that the board is in DFU mode.
- Erase and Burn the firmware , replace 0483:df11 in the following command with the USB ID copied earlier
sudo dfu-util -a 0 -D ~/katapult/out/katapult.bin --dfuse-address 0x08000000 -d 0483:df11
You should get a download progress bar and File downloaded successfuly when the burning is complete.
If the burn was sucessful remove the jumper(s) from the Boot pins and power cycle the printer.
The tool board is now ready to install klipper firmware.