Fly Gemini V2 CAN hat
The Fly Can Hat board was made to perform the same functions as the UTOC board, allowing the Fly-Pi/Fly-Gemini V1.1/V2.0 to directly connect to CAN bus boards for Can communication.
Top and Bottom View
- Just below the CAN hat header is a set of 8 DIP switches.
- Set switches 1,2,5 and 6 to the ON position when using the CAN Hat to connect the SBC to the STM32F405 over the internal CAN connection.
- On Gemini align the Red pin header on the Can Hat with the red socket on the main board. The black pin header should align to the black socket.
Klipper Host CAN0 file configuration
The Fly OS operating system ships with a CAN0 file pre configured. You only need to edit the file if you want to use a bus speed other than 5000000.
- SSH to your Klipper host and create a new can0 file in the /ect/network/interfaces.d folder
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces.d/can0
- Enter the following information.
allow-hotplug can0 iface can0 can static bitrate 500000 up ifconfig $IFACE txqueuelen 1024 pre-up ip link set can0 type can bitrate 500000 pre-up ip link set can0 txqueuelen 1024
enter Ctrl+X to save the can0 file
Reboot your klipper host.
This should be all you need to do if you are using a Fly UTOC-1, UTOC-3 or Mellow CANhat for the Gemini and Fly Pi. Other CAN bus adapters may need aditional configuration steps.