Compile CanBoot firmware
ssh to your klipper host console
- Install the burning utility to your klipper host system
sudo apt install dfu-util -y
- Clone the CanBoot firmware to your Klipper Host
cd ~/ git clone https://github.com/Arksine/CanBoot
- From your Fluidd or Mainsail web UI Edit Moonraker.conf and add the following at the bottom to allow moonraker to manage updates to the CAN bus software.
[update_manager CanBoot] type: git_repo path: ~/CanBoot origin: https://github.com/Arksine/CanBoot.git is_system_service: False
- cd to the Canboot directory
- Run make clean
- Open menuconfig
- Set the following settings
- Micro Controller : STMicroelectronics STM32
- Processor Model: stm32f072
- Build: 8 Kib bootloader
- Clock Ref: 8 MHz crystal
- Comm Interface - USB on PA11/PA12
Application Offset 8 Kib
Quit and save the configuration
- Run the make command to compile the firmware
- You should now have a canboot.bin file at ~/CanBoot/out/
Burn CanBoot firmware to tool board
Install the boot jumper to the Boot0 pin and 3.3v pin as pictured.
- Use a USB-C data cable to connect the SHT-36 board to the klipper host, Make sure that the dfu jumper is installed before connecting the USB cable.
- Run lsusb to see if the connection is successful, copy the USB ID in the blue box. Note that the board is in DFU mode.
- Erase and Burn the firmware , replace 0483:df11 in the following command with the USB ID copied earlier
sudo dfu-util -a 0 -D ~/CanBoot/out/canboot.bin --dfuse-address 0x08000000:force:mass-erase:leave -d 0483:df11
You should get a download progress bar and File downloaded successfuly when the burning is complete.
- If the burn was sucessful remove the jumper from the Boot0 pin and power cycle the printer.
- The tool board is now ready to install klipper firmware.